Current:Home > MarketsSignalHub-Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -MoneyTrend
SignalHub-Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
EchoSense Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 12:51:47
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party,SignalHub which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (27)
Related
- Louvre will undergo expansion and restoration project, Macron says
- 18-year-old sues Panera Bread, claims Charged Lemonade caused him to cardiac arrest
- Red Lobster cheddar bay biscuits still available in stores amid location closures, bankruptcy
- Caitlin Clark back in action: How to watch Indiana Fever vs. Seattle Storm on Wednesday
- Juan Soto to be introduced by Mets at Citi Field after striking record $765 million, 15
- Caitlin Clark announces endorsement deal with Wilson, maker of WNBA's official basketball
- Pesticide concerns prompt recall of nearly 900,000 Yogi Echinacea Immune Support tea bags
- Turkish Airlines resumes flights to Afghanistan nearly 3 years after the Taliban captured Kabul
- Are Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp down? Meta says most issues resolved after outages
- Mexico’s presidential front-runner walks a thin, tense line in following outgoing populist
Ranking
- McConnell absent from Senate on Thursday as he recovers from fall in Capitol
- Confederate monument to ‘faithful slaves’ must be removed, North Carolina residents’ lawsuit says
- EU reprimands Kosovo’s move to close down Serb bank branches over the use of the dinar currency
- Average US vehicle age hits record 12.6 years as high prices force people to keep them longer
- Trump issues order to ban transgender troops from serving openly in the military
- Caitlin Clark's Latest Basketball Achievement Hasn't Been Done Since Michael Jordan
- Belarus authorities unleash another wave of raids and property seizures targeting over 200 activists
- Russia is waging a shadow war on the West that needs a collective response, Estonian leader says
Recommendation
Juan Soto praise of Mets' future a tough sight for Yankees, but World Series goal remains
Cupshe’s Memorial Day Sale Is Here: Score up to 85% off Summer-Ready Swimsuits, Coverups & More
How to download directions on Google Maps, Apple Maps to navigate easily offline
Incognito Market founder arrested at JFK airport, accused of selling $100 million of illegal drugs on the dark web
What to know about Tuesday’s US House primaries to replace Matt Gaetz and Mike Waltz
Vietnam’s top security official To Lam confirmed as president
Shop 70% Off Zappos, 70% Off Kate Spade, 70% Off Adidas, 20% Off Tatcha & Memorial Day Deals
Thailand welcomes home trafficked 1,000-year-old statues returned by New York’s Metropolitan Museum